Gasherbrum ii Expedition
Highlights: mighty K2 View
Gasherbrum ii Expedition Pakistan 2021
Gasherbrum II Expedition registration is now open for 2021. Gasherbrum II expedition is a magnificent mountaineering journey to climb this 8,035 meter peak in the Karakoram Range, Pakistan. An ideal journey to attempt your first 8,000 meter peak.
Gasherbrum ii Expedition Pakistan Overview
Gasherbrum II is the 13th highest mountain in the world, located in the neighborhood of K2 and Broad Peak in the Karakoram mountain range of Pakistan. We are offering full board and base camp logistic services to Gasherbrum II Expeditions.
Gasherbrum II Expedition is considered to be the safest and easiest among the 8,000 meter peaks of The Karakoram. It is part of Gasherbrum massif and share a common base camp, mountaineers have the option to attempt Gasherbrum i-ii by paying additional royalty fee.
Gasherbrum ii Expedition Route:
Our Gasherbrum II Expedition starts from Islamabad. Our Representative will meet and greet you at Islamabad international Airport then transfer you to the hotel. We will meet in the evening over dinner to give a detail briefing about your Gasherbrum II Expedition. Next day you will catch the spectacular mountains view flights to Skardu, Baltistan. On route you will have the first glimpse of the great Nanga Parbat, K2 and the other stunning Himalayan & Karakoram Mountain Peaks. After checking in to your hotel, rest of the day is for preparation in Skardu. Skardu is the Capital of Baltistan and it is the getaway to the mighty K2, Deosai Plato, Masherbrum, Gasherbrums and many other famous Karakoram Peaks. In Skardu, trekkers and climbers usually do their finale purchasing for their onwards mountaineering journeys.
Following day you will drive along the Indus, Shigar then Braldu River to reach Askoli. Askoli is the last village before you enter into the wilderness of the Karakorum. After spending your first night in the camp under the starry canvas, walking session of your Expedition will start. You will be walking towards Braldu, gorge and to the snout of the Baltoro glacier, which you then follow to Concordia. Concordia is considered to be the heart of the Karakoram with spectacular view of K2, Broad Peak and other Karakoram giants.
Gasherbrum I & II base camps are 5-6 hour walk from Concordia, the junction point of Godwin Austen glacier with Baltoro glacier. Base camp of Gasherbrum mountain lies directly below the Conway Saddle, which was the first route, used to reach the major Karakoram peaks. Your climbing session of Gasherbrum II Expedition will begin from here onwards.
Highlights –Gasherbrum ii Expedition
Gasherbrum II Expedition has a lot to offers. Given below are main highlights of Gasherbrum II Expedition:
- Witness the sunrise above mighty K2
- Gasherbrum II Expedition, one of the top climbing and
- Mountaineering Adventure.
- Spectacular views of Nanga Parbat & K2 from the flight to Skardu
- Explore the Ancient Himalayan Kingdom of Baltistan, Pakistan
- Experience the culture and hospitality of the friendly Balti people
- Stunning wild and remote scenery of Baltoro & Karakoram Mountains
Itinerary –Gasherbrum ii Expedition
Day-01: Islamabad and Rawalpindi
Day-02: Drive from Islamabad to Chilas
Day-03: Drive from Chilas to Skardu
Day-04: Drive from Skardu to Askoli
Day-05: Trek from Askoli to Jhola
Day-06: Trek from Jhola to Paiyu
Day-07: Acclimatization day in Paiyu
Day-08: Trek from Paiyu to Urdukas
Day-09: Trek from Urdukas to Goro-II
Day-10: Trek from Goro-II to Concordia
Day-11: Trek from Concordia to Gasherbrum
Day-12-41: Climbing Days in Base Camp
Day-42-46: Trek from Base Camp to Askoli
Day-47: Drive from Askoli to Skardu
Day-48: Fly from Skardu to Islamabad
Day-49: Free day in Islamabad
Day-50: Fly back Home
- All domestic flights and road transfers
- All hotel accommodation (twin sharing room)
- All trekking accommodation
- All camping site and bridge fees
- All trekking logistics (all tents, non-personal equipment and tools etc)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Licensed professional guide (government requirement)
- Government trekking permit fees and paperwork
- Waste management fees (government requirement)
- Support staff (cook, assistant(s) etc)
- Porter for personal luggage (15 kgs)
- First aid medicine kit (basic)
- Satellite phone for emergencies
- D3V sleeping tent, Toilet Tent, Shower Tent.
- Personal travel insurance (suggestions only)
- Visa to Pakistan (five supporting documents will be offered)
- International airfare
- Personal equipment (e.g. trekking shoes, down jacket, walking sticks etc)
- Personal mountain equipment (crampon, mountaineering boot, ice axe, harness, two carabiners, helmet etc)
- Extra nights in Islamabad (hotel check in/out is 12pm) - additional USD 49 per night
- Tips/gratuities for guides, porters, staff etc
- Miscellaneous (minibar, bottled water, phone calls, laundry, souvenir etc)